Saturday, January 16, 2010

goats.

i've been thinking lately that i would benefit from a big change in my life. for example, wouldn't it be wonderful to pick up for a month or so and go milk goats somewhere out west? i think so. growing up on long island and spending most of my adult life in classrooms or art galleris hasn't exactly given me a hands-on appreciation for the land. youtube, however, has given me a great appreciation of goats (at least of the fainting variety). i would like to channel this sentiment into practical experience. also a plus: i love cheese. goat milk makes great cheese! wouldn't cheese making be a valuable life skill? absolutely. and goats are adorable. who wouldn't want to hang out with such cute old man looking animals all day? until i come to the decision to make my goat milking dreams a reality, i will live vicariously through adorable, if not totally educational or helpful, youtube clips of goats being great at being goats (who fall over).

and so can you!




*note: my desire to farm with goats is not limited to the ones who go all stiff-legged when startled, but they do make for the most endearing videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment